Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chapter 1: Stoking the Fires Within

This chapter immediately put me on edge because the author was talking about the little sarcastic ways that people make fun of school and teaching as a bad thing. I do not want to read another book about education that takes itself way too serious. Later in the chapter I saw some things I agreed with and for the most part the overall message from the chapter of being a good professional I agree with. You should approach your career with some enthusiasm and make sure you are helping the students. It is easy to become the teacher that hinders the student’s progress. I want to be the teacher that the students know as the guy who is always in a good mood. It doesn’t matter what the task is, I want to maintain an outlook that welcomes children to try and fail, or try and succeed in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment