Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chapter 9: Planning for Block Scheduling

This chapter seemed to be a reiteration of practicum. I understand that with longer period times I can take different approaches to my content area. I also know that variety is the spice of life, so it is not enough to simply have the time to use, rather I must be properly prepared to utilize the time that keeps the students actively engaged. I have not seen many schools that have block periods for math classes but I hope to change that when I get to my job location (Two years in of course…). There are perfect examples of long class periods being wasted to poor teacher preparation right here on campus. It is not enough to simply babble on for an hour and a half. Teachers should use the time to actually allow the students to learn and use the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment