Thursday, March 17, 2011

Student Oriented Curriculum

The student oriented curriculum idea is a strong one but I have reservations about the details. It seems too good to be true, and it has been my experience that usually when it seems that way, it is. There would need to be some guided structure to make sure learning progress was being made, I think the idea is more of a student input situation. The easy things to incorporate would be the rule making and the schedule design. I just think students lack the foresight to guide themselves down the correct road completely when left to their own devices. The overall idea of the structure is a strong one that I am sure has been fine tuned over the 12 years they have been executing it. I would like to read the book that compares the first year the school tried that to the current model they are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment