Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chapter 9: Involving Parents and Communities

This chapter addresses the need for teachers/schools to be in contact with the parents and community members to best offer children an education. It is exponentially more effective to have the teacher and parents on the same boat rather than having the child spend all day at school and then hearing a parent bad mouth a teacher or the subject matter. It is hard for adults to stop acting and talking in ways that show their opinions on things but for the betterment of the children everyone needs to be on the same page. In fact that is an important step I want to take as a teacher, if I am aware of a parent who thinks the material we are learning or my methods are stupid, I will ask them to meet with me to see how we can best remedy the situation and let their child thrive. I think people mistake disagreement as hostile confrontation, where in fact it can be used as a platform to change what I might not realize needed to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment